Wed, Oct 05|
Online Event via Zoom
PCIT Virtual Training (Live Training via Zoom) - Oct 5-7, 2022 & Feb 16-17, 2023
This Live, Virtual PCIT Training is a 5-Day course that separated into two workshops. The initial, 3-Day Workshop focuses on the Child-Directed Interaction Phase of PCIT. The second, 2-Day Workshop is designed for the Parent-Directed Interaction Phase of PCIT. Both workshops are conducted via Zoom.
Time & Location
Oct 05, 2022, 8:00 AM CDT – Oct 07, 2022, 5:00 PM CDT
Online Event via Zoom
About the Event
Overview of the PCIT Virtual Training
- The Live, PCIT Virtual Training course is the first step to Certification in PCIT.
- The PCIT Virtual Training is a 5-Day course that separated into two workshops. The initial, 3-Day, Live Workshop focuses on the first phase of PCIT - the Child-Directed Interaction (CDI) Phase. The second, 2-Day, Live Workshop occurs approximately 8 weeks later and is designed for the second phase of PCIT - the Parent-Directed Interaction Phase.
- Both workshops are conducted via Zoom and trainees must attend both workshops.
- These live, Zoom-Based trainings are conducted by two Certified PCIT Global Trainers.
- The PCIT Virtual training provides an interactive learning environment with PCIT experts and other trainees. The training also provides opportunities for trainees to practice newly acquired PCIT skills through role plays, mock sessions, breakout sessions, and other related activities.
PCIT Virtual Training Package Cost:
The Virtual PCIT Training package is $3,000 per person (plus $75.00 service fee)
What is included in the PCIT Virtual Training Package:
- 5-days of PCIT training - 32.0 Total hours of CE credit (19.0 CE credit hours for the CDI Workshop; 13.0 CE credit hours for the PDI Workshop)
- 12 months of consultation calls with Certified PCIT Global Trainers
- Review of PCIT client sessions for PCIT Certification
- All PCIT training materials, including the empirically-supported PCIT Protocol and PCIT Training Curriculum
- Access to our PCIT Dropbox which contains a wide variety of resources and handouts
- Access to the DPICS video library which contains over 50 parent-child videos for additional coding practice
- 20% Discount with Psychological Assessment Resources (PAR) when you order the Eyberg Child Behavior Inventory (ECBI)
- Access to a Monthly Call with PCIT Certified Global Trainers who present on important PCIT topics
- When applicable, review of your PCIT Certification Application (no additional fees for application review)
Workshop Details (For PCIT Certification - Trainees must attend both workshops):
Child Directed Interaction - 3 Days (Workshop #1 of 2)
Wednesday, October 5, 2022 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST)
Thursday, October 6, 2022 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST)
Friday, October 7, 2022 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST)
*A detailed schedule (including CE hours) can be found below
Parent Directed Interaction - 2 Days (Workshop #2 of 2)
Thursday, February 16, 2023 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST)
Friday, February 17, 2023 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST)
*Please contact us for a detailed schedule (including CE hours)
Your Home or Office (Training conducted using Zoom)
Chris Campbell, Ph.D. - Certified PCIT Global Trainer
Katie Smith, LCSW - Certified PCIT Global Trainer
Educational Objectives for the CDI Workshop
- Reference at least 2 research articles discussing the evidence supporting the effectiveness of PCIT
- Name at least 2 diagnoses that PCIT is designed to treat
- Describe 3 codes within the DPICS Coding System, and provide 2 example verbalizations for each code
- Explain the purpose and benefits of the Child Directed Interaction (CDI) phase of PCIT
- Identify the 5 PRIDE skills used in the CDI phase of PCIT
- Identify the 3 Avoid skills in the CDI phase of PCIT
- Explain the rationale for providing PRIDE skills and refraining from the Avoid skills in the CDI phase
- Describe 3 benefits of Special Time homework
- Explain the rationale for utilizing active ignoring
- Explain the number of verbalizations a caregiver needs to demonstrate during a 5-minute coding period in order to meet CDI mastery criteria
- Describe 2 different coaching techniques used in CDI
- Identify 2 locations (or formats) where PCIT services can be delivered
- Identify the 10 procedural steps in a CDI Coaching session
- Explain the rationale for reviewing CDI homework with parents every session
- Identify 2 strategies that can be used to address CDI coaching challenges
Educational Objectives for the PDI Workshop
- Explain the rationale for the priority order in DPICS coding
- Describe the purpose and benefits of the Parent Directed Interaction (PDI) phase of PCIT
- Identify at least 3 guidelines of effective commands
- Describe the time-out procedure that is used in the PDI phase of PCIT
- Explain 2 differences in coding between the CDI and PDI phases
- Compare and contrast coaching in the CDI and PDI phases
- Identify 2 strategies that can be used to address PDI coaching challenges
- Explain PDI to a Child during a role-play situation with a trainer
- Explain the House Rule procedures during a role-play situation with a trainer
- Explain the Public Behaviors procedures during a role-play situation with a trainer
Mental Health Professionals who have a Master’s or Doctoral Degree in a mental health field (Clinical, Counseling, School, Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry) or related mental health discipline and are licensed to practice and provide mental health services through their state board, province, or country.
Intermediate Level Course
Please note - we do not have any current conflicts of interest and/or commercial support for the CE program, presentations, and/or instructors.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Due to limited seating, you may request to cancel your registration for a full refund, up to 60 days before the first day of training. This gives us the opportunity to offer your seat to another individual. To cancel, please send an email to email@example.com. If you cancel within 60 days of the first day of training, we offer a credit to your account, but do not offer refunds. You may use these credits towards any future PCIT training offered by Parent Child Interaction Therapy, Inc. The training credit can be transferred to another individual. When you register for PCIT training, you agree to these terms.
Introductions and PCIT Training Overview | CE Credit(s): 1.0
Introduction to Parent-Child Interaction Therapy | CE Credit(s): 0.75
PCIT Training - Oct & Feb
+$75.00 service fee
This Live, PCIT Virtual Training is a 5-Day course that separated into two workshops. The initial, 3-Day Workshop focuses on the Child-Directed Interaction Phase of PCIT. The second, 2-Day Workshop is designed for the Parent-Directed Interaction Phase of PCIT. Participants must attend both workshops and both workshops are conducted via Zoom.
+$75.00 service fee0